Goodvibes is just all around…
When a super crush ng bayan barista calls you by your name and said you are blooming
or when it doesn’t rain on your birthday while it did 3 or 5 years in a row
or when a stranger gentleman still exists and let you seat in a crowded place or open the door for you
and you are mistaken as 22 while you are already…hmm 25 up hahaha!
No doubt everything Korean means Goodvibes to me
Like when you win a Samsung Note II phone from a Korean salon blogging contest, amazing!
or you unexpectedly win a K-pop Presscon passes just when you really cried hard for it
or when you are given a 3-year Multiple entry South Korean visa while only wishing for an approved Single entry
And it’s a double goodvibes treat that a K-pop concert is held on the very date of your Seoul trip that you booked a year ago.
Goodvibes is even lovelier and thrilling
when you almost jumped like crazy when he added you on Facebook and you are yet to be introduced and just dreaming that you two would cross paths again (Korean drama-like)
or when he likes your kilig overload Facebook DP with you and him together without tagging him
or when you win a Facebook contest the day after your birthday and right after the man of your dreams greeted you
Oh did I mention that it’s just all about one person? ahahaha 🙂
But nothing beats Goodvibes brought by
a triple dream come true break for your writing career that were been given in a single month
or when a suntok sa moon wish was granted right at the very birthday of the person you are wishing for
or when he hugged you not on your birthday but on his birthday.
But most of all, Goodvibes is when someone so unexpected is sent to you like a lucky charm or soulmate
And it has been two years since that fateful day
And you are just thankful to God and Sta. Clara for him no matter if you are romantically meant to be together or not. ❤
Now guys, write and count your own just to keep Positive Goodvibes On!
Have a wonderful season of Christmas. 🙂
Read Full Post »
As I was chancing some minute break from working a week before Christmas I stumbled upon an article I saw in my Facebook news feed~~ “7 Things We Learned from The Little Prince”. It was such a good read that i remembered presenting about this classic timeless book by Antoine de Saint-Exupery in our Knowledge Management class back in my UP MBA days. (Oemgee, is it 5 years back or more, hahaha!)
I cant help but look for the powerpoint slides in my old school files and glad to be able to find it. As I read it I felt some goosebumps inside me…its amazing how I have poured those inspirational slides while I was nerdy juggling graduate school and working in the stressful banking industry back then. Well I guess I really have the calling on writing inspirational stuff. Here are some words of wisdom from The Little Prince itself as taken from my MBA powerpoint presentation files with my own little thoughts from my grown up experiences.
The Little Prince
By Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- A pilot forced to land in The Sahara meets a little prince who tells wise and enchanting stories of his own planet with its 3 volcanoes and an arrogant flower.
- Author reveals his views about follies of mankind and the SIMPLE TRUTHS THAT PEOPLE SEEM TO FORGET AS THEY GROW OLDER
Characters Met by the Prince
- KING – who can control the stars by ordering them what they would do anyway
- CONCEITED MAN – who wants to be admired by everyone but lives alone in his planet
- DRUNKARD/TIPPLER – who drinks to forget that he is ashamed of drinking
- BUSINESSMAN – who is busy counting the starts he thinks he owns
- GEOGRAPHER – who spends his time making maps but never leaves his desk to explore
- LAMPLIGHTER – who lives in an asteroid which rotates once in a minute; the only adult he met who CARE about something OTHER THAN HIMSELF
- “It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the naked eye”. ~ Gadgets, career, pay check or good looks are not the true essence of being a person, Oh well, a lot of us will discover this once we are on top or get all of those. Agree? 🙂
- “It is the time you spent on your rose that makes your rose so important”. ~Live, laugh, love. Smell the flowers along the way. Its the ride that makes it worthwhile not the destination. In short live without regrets.
- “What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well”. ~Think of this whenever we grown-ups are experiencing the downside part of life. Its another version of When one door closes, another one bigger will open or There is a rainbow after the storm. Take it from The Little Prince.
- “All grown-ups were once children…but only few of them remember it” ~Let us always remind ourselves that simple things will always be the best, like when we were a child. There will always be a kid in all of us but only a few recognizes it. And for the still young ones, do not wish to grow up too fast, you will regret once it has been granted 🙂
Ouch reality bites right? I know all of us can relate at one point or another, so who are you in the characters, the king or the conceited man, or may be the tippler/drunkard. I personally think I’m the geographer while writing this back then.
I know a lot of you wanted to to re-read the book all over again and relive The Little Prince in all of us. And as my article inspiration for this blog post said the movie is going to be released in France by October 2015 and I’m hoping it will have international release as well here in the Philippines.
Anyhow, I’m so happy and fulfilled to post this article. Its best to be kid at heart but grown up inside. 🙂
Read Full Post »
Posted in Love Poem, Poetry on December 8, 2014|
Leave a Comment »
I am secretly wishing you are mine
everytime we are side by side
and it hurts to see you smile
to all the other girls wishing on the same star… 😥
Originally written at 2 am 08 December 2014
Read Full Post »